Double Hung Windows Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Double hung replacement windows are a classic look that never goes out of style. At Window World of Pittsburgh, we’re proud to offer these timeless options that not only look attractive in your home, but are low maintenance and quality constructed for protection against the elements.
4000 Series Double Hung
Solid. Beautiful. Stable. These are the best ways to describe the 4000 Series double hung windows from Window World of Pittsburgh. These incredible products will never chip, peel or crack, even after years of wear and tear. Windows from Window World pay for themselves through lower energy costs, freedom from maintenance and increased property value. Not to mention, our impressive Lifetime Limited Warranty* delivers the peace-of-mind you deserve.
4000 Series Benefits
Best-in-Class Performance Features:
- Reinforced narrow silhouette frame and sash profiles make a statement of style with their low-profile design. The result is a beautiful and expanded glass area. At the same time, internal chambers increase structural integrity, rigidity and energy efficiency.
- Composite meeting-rail reinforcement allows for secure mounting of hardware; the non-conductive material helps reduce the transfer of energy.
- End-of-throw cam shift locking delivers increased strength and protection to the recessed lock. It also includes an “unlocked” indicator.
- The smooth and uniform, true sloped sill quickly directs water runoff without the use of weep holes, keeping the exterior of the window clean and attractive.
- Our telescoping sill dam delivers a triple payoff: protection from air and water infiltration, increased structural stability and enhanced beauty.
- When extreme wind and weather hit, our proprietary sill interlock stands strong. Traditional sloped sill designs can allow the sash to bow during powerful winds, but with our interlocking sash-to-sill technology, the sash is channeled firmly into the window frame for a unified wall of strength.
- Our innovative screen bulb seal creates a snug fit that eliminates light and insect penetration between the screen and frame. It also aids in easy screen installation and removal.
Additional Sliding Window Features:
- Sashes glide horizontally for easy opening and closing.
- Both sashes lift out for convenient cleaning.
- Nylon-encased dual brass roller system for smooth gliding performance.
Insulated Glass Packages to Meet Your Needs.
Maximize your energy savings by choosing a high-performance SolarZone™ insulated glass† package to meet your specific climate challenges. The lower the U-Value, the less energy you’ll need to heat your home. The lower the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC), the more you’ll conserve on air-conditioning.
|Thermal Performance Comparison4|
|SolarZone ThermD Elite||0.27||0.21||0.27||0.21|
|SolarZone ThermD iE||0.27||0.30||0.27||0.30|
composite reinforcements. ST and HP performance values are also available.
|Window World 4000||0.4||6.0||DP40|
6000 Series Triple Pane
Featuring the same slim frame as the 4000 Series Double Hung, the 6000 Series Triple Pane window maximizes energy savings. Triple-pane glass systems deliver an added layer of protection to block energy loss. Their precision-engineered construction features a 1″ thick glass unit, three panes of single-strength glass, two surfaces of Low-E (low-emissivity) technology, two spaces of argon gas, along with the SolarZone ThermD Intercept® Stainless Steel Spacer System for an ultra-efficient energy-saving shield. This thermally optimized glass system provides a more balanced, comfortable indoor climate, while also reducing outside noise. Best yet, 6000 Series windows are covered by Window World of Youngstown’s impressive Lifetime Limited Warranty for complete peace-of-mind.
- Argon is an insulating gas between the glass panes that acts as a
thermal barrier on energy loss, counteracting heat and cold conduction.
Argon gas also helps block noise infiltration for a quieter indoor climate.
- Low-E Glass insulating technology features a virtually clear, metallic
coating that acts as a thermal mirror to help keep warm air in during
the winter and solar heat out during the summer. Low-E also filters out
damaging UV rays that can cause furnishings and carpet to fade.
- SolarZone ThermD Intercept Stainless Steel Spacer features a
unique, one-piece U-shaped design that stabilizes the panes of glass
and creates a powerful thermal barrier. Stainless steel is impervious to
gas transmission and withstands the effects of temperature changes,
thus increasing gas retention and alleviating stress on the sealant bond
to help prevent seal failure.
Advanced Triple-Pane Thermal Protection.
Comparing one glass system to the next can help you determine the best glass for
your home and climate challenges. In the table below, U-Factor represents the rate
of heat flow through the window product – the lower the U-Factor, the less energy
is needed to heat a home. The SHGC (Solar Heat Gain Coefficient) represents
the solar heat penetrating through the window – the lower the number, the more
you’ll conserve on air-conditioning use. Window World 4000 Series Windows with
SolarZone ThermD TG2 glass technology are 52% more energy-efficient than clear
double-pane glass windows.
|Thermal Performance Comparison|
|SolarZone ThermD TG2||0.22||0.26|
SolarZone ThermD Elite TG2
Contact Us Today
At Window World of Pittsburgh, our passion lies in the ability to serve our customers with the highest level of service and the best replacement windows, doors and vinyl siding around. If you’re ready to get started with incorporating double hung windows into your space, contact us to schedule your complimentary in-home estimate today!Back To Top