Double Hung Windows Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Double hung replacement windows are a classic look that never goes out of style. At Window World of Pittsburgh, we’re proud to offer these timeless options that not only look attractive in your home, but are low maintenance and quality constructed for protection against the elements.
4000 Series Double Hung
Solid. Beautiful. Stable. These are the best ways to describe the 4000 Series double hung windows from Window World of Pittsburgh. These incredible products will never chip, peel or crack, even after years of wear and tear. Windows from Window World pay for themselves through lower energy costs, freedom from maintenance and increased property value. Not to mention, our impressive Lifetime Limited Warranty* delivers the peace-of-mind you deserve.
4000 Series Benefits
Best-in-Class Performance Features:
- Reinforced narrow silhouette frame and sash profiles make a statement of style with their low-profile design. The result is a beautiful and expanded glass area. At the same time, internal chambers increase structural integrity, rigidity and energy efficiency.
- Composite meeting-rail reinforcement allows for secure mounting of hardware; the non-conductive material helps reduce the transfer of energy.
- End-of-throw cam shift locking delivers increased strength and protection to the recessed lock. It also includes an “unlocked” indicator.
- The smooth and uniform, true sloped sill quickly directs water runoff without the use of weep holes, keeping the exterior of the window clean and attractive.
- Our telescoping sill dam delivers a triple payoff: protection from air and water infiltration, increased structural stability and enhanced beauty.
- When extreme wind and weather hit, our proprietary sill interlock stands strong. Traditional sloped sill designs can allow the sash to bow during powerful winds, but with our interlocking sash-to-sill technology, the sash is channeled firmly into the window frame for a unified wall of strength.
- Our innovative screen bulb seal creates a snug fit that eliminates light and insect penetration between the screen and frame. It also aids in easy screen installation and removal.
Additional Sliding Window Features:
- Sashes glide horizontally for easy opening and closing.
- Both sashes lift out for convenient cleaning.
- Nylon-encased dual brass roller system for smooth gliding performance.
Insulated Glass Packages to Meet Your Needs.
Maximize your energy savings by choosing a high-performance SolarZone™ insulated glass† package to meet your specific climate challenges. The lower the U-Value, the less energy you’ll need to heat your home. The lower the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC), the more you’ll conserve on air-conditioning.
|Thermal Performance Comparison4|
|SolarZone ThermD Elite||0.27||0.21||0.27||0.21|
|SolarZone ThermD iE||0.27||0.30||0.27||0.30|
composite reinforcements. ST and HP performance values are also available.
|Window World 4000||0.4||6.0||DP40|
6000 Series Double Hung
Why 6000 Series windows? These products offer incredible performance through super energy savings. Constructed with a multi-chamber design to produce an effective insulating barrier, moisture and unwanted air don’t stand a chance getting inside of your home. Keep you and your family comfortable year-round and save money on your monthly energy bills with replacement double hung windows from Window World of Pittsburgh.
6000 Series Benefits
- Quad 4 weatherstripping at the header
- Triple-barrier weatherstripping between sash and jamb
- Compression bulb seal at the sill for further weather protection
- Hidden screen track produces clean lines
- Fully extruded lift rails for strength & durability
- Fusion-welded sash & mainframe adds strength and rigidity
Double Hung 6000 Window Technical Details
- Vinyl frames and sashes will never chip, peel, crack or warp, tough and solid with virgin vinyl with color is formulated throughout so the beautiful luster lasts.
- Airtight insulating chambers help reduce conduction and cut high energy bills.
- Quad 4 weatherstripping at the header adds even more protection from the elements.
- Insulated glass unit with optimal air space improves year-round performance.
- PPG Interlock™ Warm Edge Spacer System maximizes window performance and Longevity.
- Interlock at sash meeting rails create a super-tight seal against air infiltration,providing security, comfort and well-being.
- Drop-in glazing provides energy efficiency as well as interior aesthetic appeal.
- Compression bulb seal at the sill creates an all-season weather barrier.
- Sloped sill ensures quick water to drainage to the exterior.
- Hidden Screen track produces clean lines and added beauty.
Contact Us Today
At Window World of Pittsburgh, our passion lies in the ability to serve our customers with the highest level of service and the best replacement windows, doors and vinyl siding around. If you’re ready to get started with incorporating double hung windows into your space, contact us to schedule your complimentary in-home estimate today!Back To Top